Subject: [Leica] re: fuji superia versus reala 100
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:07:57 -0700

I don't know if there is a difference or not. Do the test, if you see
any difference than use the one you prefer. If you see no difference,
then don't spend the extra money for the Reala.

Personally, I feel that Reala is sharper, however perhaps this is
just psychological on my part. On the Ralph Gibson interview at
<http://www.bermangraphics.com/>, he states that he uses Fuji Superia
100 and 400 which I assume is the consumer stuff. And his color work
is great and he is a pro.

There isn't any rule that a pro photographer can't use consumer film
or that an amateur consumer can't use the pro film. Personally
though, I buy Reala essentially so I can seem cool and more pro like
when people ask me what film I use...

Tristan Tom

<<
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Subject: [Leica] fuji superia versus reala 100

Is there realy a difference between the "amateur" superia and the "pro"
reala, besides cold storage and proper ageing of emulsions?

Hans-Peter