Subject: RE: [Leica] A Lesson Learned?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

Austin Franklin wrote:
> How grey is green? How grey SHOULD it be? How about blue?
> Selenium, Silicon Blue, CdS...

No no no.  It is VERY deterministic!  Different sensors do see colors
on different curves, but the metering system are designed to take this
into consideration and should still give (reasonably) the same results.
Austin,

How can it possibly do that? I could understand a metering system being
able to compensate for a non-linear response to overall light level by
the photocell but I can't see how it can do what you're suggesting. How
can a single photocell signal to the rest of the metering circuit the
colour(s) it has "seen"? You would need to have multiple cells with
different coloured filters (e.g. blue, green and red) to do this.

Regards,

=====
Ray