Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:00:57 -0500

Mxsmanic,

>>A lot of Leica owners
apparently just keep their cameras under glass.<<

A lot of Leicas are under glass, period. When I was in Japan I saw dozens of
glass showcases. In some cases entire rooms were devoted to the display of
used Leicas. Putting aside the arguement that they're functional pieces of
equipment, there is a certain beauty in many Leica rangefinder models. Few
other photographic devices, save wooden field cameras, have the same
inherent beauty. That's just my opinion. Personally, I don't have any on
display and I use everything I own. OTOH, I don't fault anyone who does
decide to display Leica rangefinders. To each his own.

Dave