Subject: RE: [Leica] 35 & MF, scans, and Bali
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:58:31 -0500

Bill,

Kodachrome 64 looks to me like 800 speed film when compared with Provia 100.
But Kodachrome has other merits. OTOH, I just finished the last of my
Kodacrhome. From here on out, I think it's Provia 100 and 400 -- and Velvia
when I'm in a tie-dye and lava lamp mood.

Dave

>>Scanning 35: I have been using Kodak Photo CD scans for most of my 35mm
work. When I compared the quality of those scans from Kodachrome 64 with
those from Provia 100 I found the difference to be significant. I had a
bunch of K64 all packed to go to Bali but I swapped it for Provia at the
last moment. Has anyone else noticed the difference in scans from these two
films?<<

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] 35 & MF, scans, and Bali)