Subject: RE: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:30:06 -0700

Adam, r8 is probably the best camera that fits my hand and i have tried them
all from canon 1v to nikon f5. it is very simple to use and very easy to
feel at home with unlike the canon 1v which has more features than i care to
do with (I do have one). Lens point view u might want to start with a 35-70
f4 as an all around lens and later add 100 apo, 24 or 28 macro plus a 2x (or
a 180 3.4/2.8) and u have a complete set. the 70-180 lens is a good piece of
glass as long as u don't want to carry it around, it is very heavy and
tripod mount is highly recommended. the R8 do show occasional electronic
problem, make sure u have valid warranty on hand in case...

the M motor is on my M6 permanently and it is ok, I do prefer Tom's rapid
winder

Thanks, Mehrdad