Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

> On a related topic - who is using the motor drive for the M6? What are your
> reactions to using it? I like the idea of not having to bring down the
> camera to wind the film - I can just compose and shoot. Although stopping to
> take notes is a good thing too. Sigh.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam Bridge

adam,

a couple of years ago, i picked up the old motor drive for the m6 (the tall
one, with no grip).  it works well enough, not too noisy, reportedly
does up to 3fps.  the release kicks back when you use it, though,
and you must immediately lift your finger if you intend on making
one shot only.  the other drawback is that once its connected, you are
committed, since it replaces the baseplate.  so it's not like a nikon
motor drive which you can put on and take off as you please.  it advances
film, that's it, there's no electircal release or intervalometer or
any of that.

realistically, in the few years i've had it, i've used the drive maybe
3-4 times.   i suppose it's a little antithetical to the normal operation
of the camera.

- -rei

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s)