Subject: Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 00:17:44 +0200

Félix López de Maturana wrote:

> Someone asked opinions about R8 cameras. Someone replied that he preferred
> his Nikon stuff. The second one could'n reply to the first one in the Nikon
> list trying to help him with his opinion. May we express here our opinion
> that something is better than Leica, if we think so, or it is forbidden by
> some law I ignore? I have shooted with a R8 and I did not liked it. Just my
> opinion. But I see that many people do. Stupendous. And some members of the
> list have checked out Leica SLR and have gone with Nikon instead. Why not?

I'm using both the F5 and the R8 since early 1997.

If the R8 was an AF camera, I will be using only the R8.

The ergonomic, IMHO, is so much better.

And the lenses...

If I replace one of the systems in the future, it will be the Nikon in favor of
Canon.

Lucien

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s)