Subject: Re: [Leica] A new VF magnifier?
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:58:05 +0200

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> Here's an interesting gizmo for M telephoto users. Erwin Puts, in his latest email newsletter, indicates that Leica has produced a 1.25x add-on viewfinder magnifier for the M6, that he says works like a charm for to increase the focus accuracy and subject visibility with 75, 90 and 135 lenses. It would make a .58 into a .72, the .72 finder becomes the equivalent of the M3 (0.9x), and the .85 finder stretches to 1.06x! He gave no indication of when it will be available, but it's probably worth a look for long-lens users.  My dealer has a call in to Lisle-Kelco to see about availability.
>
> Does anyone have any more info on this?

Paul,

I had the chance to try it in May at Solms.

It's a little black tube (loupe) that screw in the viewfinder.
With a 90 or a 135mm it's really a big improvement.
If you don't wear glass, you will lose the 35mm frames, if you do, it will be the 50mm.

There is a cord attached to it, that you can attach to the closest strap ring.
When you want to use a wide-angle, just unscrew it and drop it.

;-)

The idea is so great, that I don't understand why somebody didn't made it before.

A M3 (0,92) will be a 1,15.
Not bad

In May, they said it will be available in September, but...

Lucien