Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: my old LUG [was: Who Cares?]
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 02:22:40 -0700

Hehe, I noticed the same thing!  I've been away since last September doing
an overland adventure and just resubscribed the other day.

Anyway, I'm totally buried in images right now, both digital and film (shot
on my trusty M6s, of course).  Loads of stories to tell too.  Field
dispatches are on:

http://www.spectare.com/dispatches/LondonBombayCebu

All the images are digital, but I hope to start getting scans of the film
stills up in a few weeks.  I'm hoping Cameraworld can ship me a new LS-4000
before next year...

So, when was the last big "ultimate travel kit" or "uv filters - good or
bad" shootout?

Oh yeah, while we were on the road, I also had the opportunity to meet
another LUGger, Rob Appleby, in Modena, Italy.

Good to be back.
- --Jim