Subject: [Leica] Re: Compact M Motor - smearing image LHS
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 20:38:40 +0200

Paolo wrote:

>I'm sure you take photos for your own pleasure, this is great...
>But when you have to carry an assignment on and need the time to wind the
>Of course that going out for a walk with a Leica M is pretty nice, you have
>the time to see here, look at there, glance at the left and right, then you
>choose to aim your camera, take the time and press the shutter
>release...that's lovely.
>But when you, let's say me among others here, choose to use the M for a job
>and sometimes need some more extra time, go faster, go secure, not to take
>the eye off of the finder...understand ?
>Rapidwinder for me is simply the greatest thing my Leica M6 received as a
>gift from my part. So happy is she that my M2 is looking at me jealously...
>A motor for the M, a quiet one in a great working condition with no
blurring
>area would be also welcome.

>Bye Jim, Buy one Jim, buy a Tom's made rapidwinder, test it, taste it and
>then come back here to share your experience... no doubt, you'll thank us.

I totally agree, Bought the Rapidwinder last Kina from Tom himself, and I
must say I had
to get used to it. Almost did not use it first 20 rolls.
Last month in Mongolia though - photo's coming! -,
where I doubled every picture and did a lot of fast shooting, in people
situations,
the Rapidwinder was indispensable.
Also I am a left eye viewfinder guy, and there the Rapidwinder is a great
asset to. Do not have
to get my eye from the viewfinder any more when advancing the film.
My companions said  the use of the Rapidwinder was less noisy than a
motorwinder, not threatening
and rather endearing, old fashioned looking in a way.
IMHO: money well spent!

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Holland