Subject: [Leica] Re: Compact M Motor - smearing image LHS
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 05:46:21 +1000

"Michael Gardner" <mlgardner99@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well, I hate be contrary, but I'm quite happy with my M motor.

Completely agree Michael.

I continue to use the motor a lot, just that from now on the "I"
setting is for single frames only.  If I need shoot a sequence
then switch over to "II".  Painless and hardly rocket science.

> I tried and did not care for the Rapidwinder

Same here.  Strikes me as a less-than-elegant solution if you
need to shoot 3fps.  Also, the RW is a bit awkward to use when
you have to mount your camera on a tripod / monopod - yes?

;?)

Finally, and here's the killer, I was under the impression that
RW's are no longer being made due to Tom As illness?

Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> added:

> An M camera "don't need no stinkin' motor winder!"

For you, maybe.  I actually earn a living with the things I
photograph so for me, for my needs, a motor is a definite
advantage.  The nice thing about the M Motor is that you
have the best of both worlds.  Motor on most of the time,
switch it off when you don't need it.  Again, easy.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds
<http://nemeng.com>  -> vr java applets, leica faq, tech info