Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Salgado
From: Greg <gmcoan@ascc.artsci.wustl.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:19:20 -0500

ah man, John Berger hosted that special?  why are you all bashing him?
if you havent read "Ways of Seeing" and "Another Way of Telling" you're
missing out.  He may sound full of himself, but he's quite intelligent
especially when it comes to our relationship to images.

Greg

On Thursday, August 9, 2001, at 01:27 PM, Bob Walkden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Looking back at you" is about Salgado, in which he talks about the
> "Workers" project. He still has hair and a big moustache. It's far
> more interesting than "Spectre of Hope" for several reasons:
>
> 1. John Berger isn't in it
> 2. Salgado does more talking
> 3. You get to see Salgado at work
>
> Probably much more useful for your students.
>
> ---
>
>  Bob
>
> mailto:bob@web-options.com
>
> "If it's sunny, try f16;
>  if it's not, try f5.6"
>
> --Walker Evans
>
> Thursday, August 09, 2001, 5:08:51 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Who was that interviewer BTW?  Is Looking Back At You also a program
>> about Salgado? I need something like last night's show for my students
>> this coming spring semester...
>

>> "Robert D. Baron" wrote:
>>>
>>> This morning B.D. Colen opined about the special that aired last night
>>> on Cinemax:

>>> Well and accurately said.  I concur completely.
>>>
>>> I also found the background music as tiring as the interviewer.
>>>
>>> By far the better show overall for me is the older BBC documentary
>>> 'Looking Back At You' which I recently got through Amazon.com.
>>>
>>> --Bob Baron / Oklahoma City

Greg Coan
gmcoan@art.wustl.edu

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Salgado)