Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:11:41 +0200

Rei writes:

> i rewind the instant the advance lever stops
> mid-stroke.  i also rewind before opening up
> the camera.  paranoid.

I stop at the nominal last frame, whether the film still advances or not.  Only
sometimes I forget and shoot an extra frame or discover that the film has run
out midway through a film advance.

I also try to rewind before opening the camera (there isn't much other reason to
open the camera, if it has film in it), but sometimes I am distracted.

> i have blown rolls in hasselblads, because
> i could never remember of the red guage indicator
> on the magazine meant "empty" or "loaded."

I've never used any MF camera, but I'd like to try someday, when I become
independently rich.