Subject: Re: [Leica] correction lenses
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 13:40:36 +0200

Julian writes:

> The man who did mine charged $200 USD.

Sounds reasonable.  Is the element he made visually clean (that is, no anomalies
when you look through it)?

> This is because Leica builds a -0.5 into the
> camera's eyepiece.

Hmm ... so the virtual image is 2 metres away in the viewfinder (if I remember
the application of diopters here correctly), which implies that you would need
correction if you have trouble at this distance.  From what I've read, almost
everyone (even those slightly nearsighted or farsighted) can see pretty well at
a distance of 2 metres, which is why this distance is frequently chosen for
viewfinders by camera makers.

> I have admired the pictures on your website.

Thanks!

Replies: Reply from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] correction lenses)
Message from "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] correction lenses)
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] correction lenses)