Subject: [Leica] Another Sin of my Youth
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:32:13 -0700

Early on a chilly, foggy Boston morning back in the spring of 1972, I went
on a picture-taking walk with my M2 and 50mm DR Summicron.  I walked around
Government Center, taking some forgettable pictures of the geometric
patterns of the plaza.  Then, I came upon the following scene in a nearby
window well:

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/homeless72.htm

We didn't call them "homeless" then.  The usual terms were "winos" or "bums."

This file is rather big (168 K), but I lost texture in lower JPG
quality.  If you switch your browser to full screen mode, you can see the
entire picture on a 1024x768 monitor.  This is also my first time messing
with levels in Photoshop rather than Irfanview.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from lea <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Another Sin of my Youth)