Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:09:58 -0700

A photographer brings their own vision/point of view to what they
photograph.  A critic is responsible for looking at the works of many
photographers and making sense of the whole while placing a particular
photographer's work in the context of the whole body of photographic work.
If someone identifies pattern in what everyone's photographing it is valid
to identify those patterns.  A particular photographer often is too focused
on what they're photographing to be able to interpret what they're doing in
light of everything else that's going around them.