Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:21:16 -0500

Collapsable bikes were very common in Japan. Something you rarely see here.

Thanks for your comment on the Ninja photo. I was sitting on the floor, but
the floor was sloped. The point at which I sat was slightly below stage
level. I cropped out the bottom and top or the image, and the edges
slightly. My 50/1.4 would have been better for framing. But there were lots
of times when I was glad I had the wider 35/1.4. I struggled deciding which
to take on the trip. I'm glad that I took the 35. It's my favorite all
around lens, no doubt. I can always crop down, but I can't widen a border
that doesn't exist.

I'm still struggling with the cropping issue, though I know we covered all
the bases on that in a thread some time back. I prefer full frame, and
that's my goal, but sometimes it just isn't in the cards. I'm not a fan of
zooms. Even a Tri-Elmar would have been too slow in this particular
instance.

Dave