Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:44:09 -0500

Andrew,

Japan is an amazing country. I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to
go there. The trip was essentially free to me. I was the
photographer/videographer/assistant coach for a team of young baseball
All-Stars that played in a tournament in Sapporo. It's an exchange program,
as much as a baseball program. I think offically I was listed as the tour
guide. That ticket was a freebie in the tour package. I roomed with a exec
from Nike who went along, too. So there wasn't much of an added trip cost
for me.

I took some images specifically for the sponsors. But I also had a little
free time for personal stuff. I've been asked to do  a local community show,
with proceeds helping to finance the next exchange in two years. If it's a
success, maybe I'll  get invited along next time. Not a lot of American
tourists in Japan, that I saw. I've traveled the world, but hadn't been to
Japan before. I'd love to go back.

BTW, the travel and photography was the easy part. The scanning, printing,
editing, etc. is where all the work is at. Fortunately, I like most of the
post work as much as I do the actual photography. There's so much to
photography beyond snapping a shutter. All that plus the promotional stuff.
I've been semi-dormant in many aspects for nearly 15-years. I'd almost
forgotton the amount of work involved in a big project.

Dave