Subject: [Leica] Re Pre-set
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:36:17 -0400

>I didn't mean the lens isn't very good in general; it's a very fine
>design for the 50's

Henning:

I can't disagree with any of your comments although it would be fun to
compare it side-by-side with the apo-asph to see how much difference
there really is. No doubt what the overall verdict would be about which
is better, but it would be interesting to see the degree. When I
upgraded from a contemporary 8 element 35mm f2 to my asph the visible
difference was a lot less than I expected.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Re Pre-set)