Subject: Re: [Leica] WW II V2 rocket sites update
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:52:06 -0400

At 04:45 PM 8/20/01 -0700, Adam Bridge wrote:
>Hogwash - no apology is needed or in order. In terms of the way war was
>waged WWII marked a substantial departure from previous wars, a trend which
>continues today where economic war is waged against civilians with
>embargoes.

This is hogwash.  Pure hogwash -- and you are being the PC one here, my
friend.

World War II was Army against Army.  More civilians died in the First World
War than died in the Second, in Europe, in any event, Hitler and the
Holocaust for the all of it.  The sufferings on the Eastern Front from 1917
until 1920 were horrorific and I would suggest you read a tad about them.
(I have interviewed survivors, back in the '60's, of both wars on the
Eastern Front and there is little to distinguish in terms of general
civilian sufferings.)

I will say no more on this topic, pace Brian.  But comments such as yours
insult and belittle the sacrifices of American, Canadian, British, French,
Australian, Dutch, New Zealand, Indian, and other Allied soldiers who gave
their lives that you can post such drivel.

And drivel, in the end, is all it is.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!