Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Marc James Small wrote:

Argh!  Just ask Ted Grant about this!  Canadian glass is junk and
Canadian lenses are horrible!  No self-respecting Leica owner would
EVER pollute his fine German camera body with a trashy Canadian lens
and, as for Canadian camera bodies, well, SOMEONE has to make
door-stops and boat-anchors, I guess.

<he grins slyly!>

Marc
Marc,

Now you've really got me worried! I received, not long ago, a Leica
Apo-Telyt-R 180mm, f/3.4 lens (3-cam) that I ordered from KEH. It was
advertized as being in "excellent plus" condition and priced at US$650.
The package arrived promptly (4 working days from KEH to my office in
Jakarta) and in excellent condition. The lens appears to be perfect in
every respect, as if it has never been used or handled, and the price
seems very fair.

I knew, of course, that the 180/3.4 lenses were made in Canada  but
this did not bother me one jot. So, I was a happy camper until I read
your post, from which I learned that the glass is junk and the lens is
horrible. This comes as a great shock. I now have to decide what to do
with the lens. Any suggestions?
;-)
Regards,

=====