Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:03:46 -0700

Ray Moth wrote:
>>> I knew, of course, that the 180/3.4 lenses were made in Canada  but
> this did not bother me one jot. So, I was a happy camper until I read
> your post, from which I learned that the glass is junk and the lens is
> horrible. This comes as a great shock. I now have to decide what to do
> with the lens. Any suggestions?<<<<<

Hi Ray,

I'm sure you're pulling our leg as much as Marc was trying to get at me in a
friendly manner. But whatever you do, don't get rid of that Canadian made
180 3.4 it's such an incredible lens you'd be sorry for dumping it.

but then I know you're kidding with the smileys. :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant