Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 summicron with separating middle lens group....
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:32:14 -0600

No but the parts are available as many of our members have had elements and
groups replaced. Whether they will sell the parts to you I do not know.
There must be a line somewhere for us mere mortals though I have ordered the
wackiest things and had no problems yet.

My Leica repair person does say that Leica is starting to be less and less
supportive of the older cameras. For instance a ground glass screen for my
SL2 is not available from Leica right now (anymore?). Time will tell I
guess. Not that I blame Leica for having less than full support for a thirty
year old camera but I was pleased when they had the parts for my 40+ year
old M2.

John Collier