Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Film-eating insects?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:52:05 -0700

Oliver Bryk posted this quote from a Leica book.

>>"Use adequate precautions when processing film in hot climates and keep
>>even developed films well protected against insects and other creatures.
>  Film-eating insects, incidentally, are not confined to the tropics; they
are
>  just as abundant in the short summer in certain Arctic countries such as
>  Alaska and Greenland."
>  Is there an entomologist in the house? What insects eat film?<<<<

Hey a good one Oliver,
Now we've had some strange and interesting topics but I'm dying to hear the
answer to this one, as I've never heard this before.  Fungus maybe under
very hot humid conditions, but insects?

Please, "Do we have an entomologist in the house?" ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant