Subject: [Leica] re-Leica USA M Rebates:now bush league(?)
From: Tristan Tom <tristan@tristantom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 17:00:53 -0700

<<It is amateurish for a company like Leica to use AOL for their email
service.  They have their own domain (leica-camera.com).  Not having their
email accounts tied to that domain immediately tells people they don't have
the resources (or wherewithal) to manage a proper IT infrastructure.  The
thought of the president of Leica USA firing up that silly AOL client and
hearing "you've got mail" makes me cringe.>>

They probably don't "have the resources (or wherewithal) to manage a proper
IT infrastructure". They are a camera company (that still builds cameras
largely by hand), not an IT company or .com. Give them a break.

Personally, I could care less what their email addresses are. I know that
my emails to them are read by real people, not filtered through some
incompetent teenager or third party customer support call center. If that's
'amateurish' than I don't want 'professional'.

- --

Tristan Tom Photo Maker- <http://tristantom.com/photo/>