Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 33 and 34
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:24:57 +0200

The highlight of Week 33 was the annual Street Parade here in Zurich, a
giant street party on a scale that rivals the famous Notting Hill
carnival in London. I stayed away from the actual parade, instead
concentrating on the people dressed in all sorts of fanciful costumes,
often quite sexy, who had no objections whatsoever to being
photographed. On the contrary, they seemed flattered by the attention.
So, here is a nice S&M couple:

http://www.wajsman.com/33alt1.jpg

and these two guys are my picture of week 33:

http://www.wajsman.com/33.jpg

Both shots taken with the M6+50mm Summilux on K64.

The following week I was in Denmark and continued my experimentation
with the new Maco 820 infrared film. Leica is obviously the ideal camera
for IR, since you are not trying to look through a lens with an almost
opaque filter on it. I really like this film, as it turns rather mundane
scenes into something more interesting. First, a couple of beach scenes
south of Copenhagen, the first of which is my picture of week 34:

http://www.wajsman.com/34.jpg
http://www.wajsman.com/34alt1.jpg

And on the way home to Zurich I stopped at the bridge linking the island
of Sjælland (which Copenhagen is on) with the island of Farø. I have
often photographed this bridge, both in colour and B&W, and the pictures
always come out rather dull. But with IR, the sky plays a much more
prominent role in the composition, and this is finally a shot that I am
not ashamed to show:

http://www.wajsman.com/34alt2.jpg

All three shots taken with the M3+24mm Elmarit.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/

Comments welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland