Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 33 and 34
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:27:41 +0200

Thanks, Mike! The filter is Heliopan 695, which is the one Maco recommends. I
had to special order it from Robert White in the UK, nobody seems to stock
this one. It is less opaque than the 87C filter but stronger than the 89B.

I have also shot some Kodak HIE, but I prefer Maco due to the subtle look you
mention. Maco seems to lie somewhere in between the weak IR films like Ilford
SFX or Konica IR and the HIE. It is slower than the HIE, by 1 stop in my use.

Nathan

Mike Durling wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> Nice bunch of photos.  I like the beach scenes a lot, especially the main
> week 34 picture.  It has that "otherworldly" look that you only get with
> infrared.
>
> Which filter did you use?  The look is more subtle than some infrared
> photos.  That may be the difference between the Maco and the Kodak HIE.
>
> Mike D

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland