Subject: Re: [Leica] Dave Beckerman has switched to Leica
From: Mike Gil <dtt2150@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:29:10 -0700 (PDT)

Please don't make us, use Holga's.  Have you seen some
of this stuff.  I think seeing light leaks into the
frame is not a cool thing.  Or the other half dozen
random effects created by this plastic camera.  Most
pictures taken with a Holga look like they accidently
took off the top of the film developing can before the
film was fixed, smeared vaseline on the lens and used
the wrong lens hood.  HCB would not be HCB with a
Brownie, imagine him showing a portfolio full of
technically weak photographs to an editor.

Yeah David Burnett used a Holga, who wouldn't like to
pull a fast one on their clients like that or not,  is
it the camera or the photographer.  I guess his Mamiya
sponsorship must of ended. I would say it has to be a
good percentage photographer and maybe a good
percentage camera.  Please don't give me 1% cameras.
Let me keep my Leica's.

Yeah, yeah, I know their is a guy who shoots SI bikini
shots with a point and shoot.  This is the exception
to the rule not the rule, does it matter what camera
he used to photograph swimsuits, when they are only
tiny pictures so to speak.  SI should really fire this
guy, I can't believe they wouldn't be interested in
making more money from high quality posters from the
shoots, this must really irk the bottom line, but the
swimsuit issue people are a little weird.  I don't
think the P&S can make decent poster sized
enlargement.  Or can they?

Mike Gil