Subject: Re: [Leica] Komura extender
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:49:24 -0400

At 02:20 AM 8/29/01 -0700, Stephen Patriquen wrote:
>I picked up a used (optically unmarked) Komura 2X
>LTM/M tele-extender the other day. It was missing a
>case, but complete with a (new) LTM/M adapter and the
>unusual viewer.
>
>I shot some test pictures on ISO 400 print film (Kodak
>Ultra) using an M6ttl and an old 90/f4 LTM Elmar, and
>the results were surprisingly good. Contrast was fine
>and looking at the negs with a 40X magnifier shows
>quite acceptable resolution - not far off the 90 by
>itself. (Shooting at an indicated f8)

I suspect you need to dig deeper into the Archives.  As I recall, the split
is around 2/3 positive, 1/3 negative in evaluation of the Komura device,
while the FED 2X tele-extender receives around 1/3 positive and 2/3
negative responses.  In both case, I would suspect poor QC/QA to have
caused the polarization.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!