Subject: [Leica] High speed B&W film experiences
From: "Rothman, Aric" <Aric.Rothman@Honeywell.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 07:44:33 -0700

I have had mixed, and unexpected, results with various high speed black and
white films.  I have good results with Tri-X (consumer) pushed to 1600 and
processed in Diafine.  The resulting images are very contrasty, but good,
with pleasant but not intrusive grain.  I had very disappointing results
with TMAX 3200 at 1000 ASA, also processed in Diafine.  Low contrast and
huge grain.  Neopan 1600 at 800 in Xtol(3:1) was between the two, with hazy
grain that doesn't look harsh, but also obscures finer details.

Anyone have a pet high speed film/developer/exposure combo?  My interest is
available light interior "street" photography, dawn/dusk cityscapes, and
outdoor street photography.

TIA,
Aric