Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--serial number partials posted
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:16:27 -0700

Pablo wrote:
>>> But I wonder why a SOB does not go over the whole, let's say eBay, and
claim there ? There are lots of numbered items out there to claim for.>

Pablo,

But that's why I never took the remarks about, if you publish the full
serial number you'll get charged with stealing your own camera because some
smart ass will con the police into believing you stole the camera from
them..

It just never made any sense and obviously with serial numbers all over the
place on ebay I suppose that shoots down the theory on posting the full
number.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant