Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Best film scanner for use w/Leica optics?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:07:47 -0400

At 04:33 PM 8/31/01 -0400, you wrote:
>2001-08-30-15:06:15 Tina Manley:
> > I have the bulk loader to do 40 slides at a time and the roll feeder
> > to do a whole uncut roll.  The ICE, grain resolving, and color
> > restoring software features all work as advertised.
>
>Okay, this may sound ridiculous, but... the focus is okay when doing
>bulk scanning like that?  I only ask because I've found I seem to get
>better results with the Minolta Dimage Scan Multi here at work when I
>hand-pick a focus point and manually force an autofocus on that
>point.  Being able to fill up a hopper and walk away for awhile sounds
>like heaven.

I mount all of my film in Gepe slide mounts which hold it very flat.  I've
tried manually focusing on all parts of the film and there is no difference
between the center and edges.  There is no difference in the scans when I
bulk scan 40 at a time or when I scan one at a time.  The LS-4000 does an
outstanding job.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com