Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Best film scanner for use w/Leica optics?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:10:18 -0400

At 04:34 PM 8/31/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is the type of computer pivotal in
>scanning quality?
>I have been considering a new scanner (4000 dpi) but the experience with
>mine makes me very nervous in considering an outlay of many hundreds of
>dollars.
>
>Joe

Joe -

I can't imagine that the brand of the computer would make any difference at
all!  The 4000 dpi results in very large files so you have to have plenty
of RAM if you're going to scan lots of slides before saving them.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com> (Re: [Leica] Best film scanner for use w/Leica optics?)