Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas and insurance
From: Richard Comen <rpcomen@mcn.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:38:52 -0700

Ken, Someone broke into my house and took my  1970s Nikon FTN and all the
lenses 35, 50, 90, 135, 200 and micro Nikkor, They also took my 4X5 color
Kardon. They either missed my Leicas or their hands were full. The cameras
were on my Farmers homeowners policy. I found that replacement cost was
more then I had originally paid for them and Farmers sent me a check within
weeks for the replacement costs. On other matters insurancewise I have
found that contacting the insurance commissioner works wonders with
recalcitrant companies. Good Luck.

Richard
Mendocino CA