Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Ultra high contrast was travel to Greece.
From: Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 20:00:13 +0100

Hi,

the best why to handle high contrast is to use a low contrast film,
and develop for low contrast, if you do your own. As a rule of thumb,
the higher the ISO rating, the lower the contrast. Which is a shame
because the high contrast tends to come when the light is brightest,
and you want a slow film. In this situation an ND filter would be
useful in reducing the speed of a low contrast film to a useable
level. The cost, for slr users, is a dull viewfinder. What you
definitely don't want is a polariser, which will increase the
contrast.

- ---

 Bob

mailto:bob@web-options.com

Il faut être toujours botté et prêt à partir.

One should always have one's boots on and be ready to leave.

- - Michel de Montaigne (1533-1592)

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] travel to Greece.)
Message from "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com> (Re: [Leica] travel to Greece.)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] travel to Greece.)