Subject: RE: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:53:24 +0100

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

"this continual classism drives me nuts. i really wish
people would stop buying leicas because they think it makes them better
than the jones'."

But in saying that aren't you being useist? Some purchase Leicas as
photographic tools to earn the rent, some buy them as playthings, others as
a means to boost their self-esteem. There are many different reasons.

If we're to be an inclusive community of Leica users, should we not make
sure we don't discriminate against people for the way they choose to use
their Leica?

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.