Subject: RE: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?
From: "Brian McCarthy" <straightline@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:04:23 +0100

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Acknowledging the fact that very few people recognize Leicas is
> not an assertion
> of class distinctions.  The type of people who work cleaning
> toilets and/or
> steal the property of others tend to be poor and dim-witted, and
> they are among
> the least likely of any group of people to recognize Leicas,
> since Leicas are
> not merely expensive, but also quite rare.

He could be right about the toilet cleaners - I bought all my Leica gear
from the guy who cleans out the toilets down at the Open Market here in
Brighton. However, I wouldn't say he was dim-witted - he drives a hard
bargain and has an extensve library of leica reference material behind the
cleaning fluids in his cupboard.

Brian McCarthy
brian@imagespace.co.uk
www.imagespace.co.uk