Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Pro Services
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 12:33:55 -0400

At 03:51 PM 9/3/01 +0100, you wrote:
>B. D. Colen
>
>"Have to disagree here...While Leica doesn't seem as interested as N & C
>in serious pro support, you have to consider that  - one, the Ms are
>certainly more reliable and longer lived than the current generation of
>M&C equipment; and, second, and most important, if it's the best tool
>for a given photographer, it's the best tool, no matter what the
>company's attitude may be."
>
>Doesn't seem as interested? How about isn't interested to the *slightest*
>degree?
>--
>David Morton
>dmorton@journalist.co.uk

David -

The situation here in the states is quite different.  Leica has a program
called Leica Professional Services that is free for full-time professional
photographers.  They offer expedited repair service, discounts on new
products and repairs, and loaner equipment.  I have taken advantage of all
of these from time to time.  Leica has quickly repaired my M's and gotten
them back to me by return FedEx when I have a deadline.  I've also borrowed
lenses and cameras before deciding to buy them.  I'm quite satisfied with
the pro support.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com