Subject: Re: [Leica] lower class pros using leicas?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 13:34:39 -0400

At 07:23 AM 9/4/01 -0700, you wrote:

>I think the answers to these questions would provide some very interesting
>insight into how Leica views professional photographers.  A comparison to
>Canon and Nikon's qualification procedures would be even more
>enlightening.  Anyone have any information on this?
>
>Paul

O.K.  Here is the information from the application>

To apply for Leica Professional Services, Please send the following iters:

1. Completed and signed application
2.  Letter on company letterhead.  Should include the following
         .position within the company where you are presently employed
         . home address and telephone number
         . type of equipment owned
         . type of photography you specialize in

3. Credentials
         Eligibility for Leica Professional Service requires that
sufficient evidence substantiating your professional status be
submitted.  Please use the follow guidelines:
Working Press:
    * 3 recent tearsheets with photo credit and date
    * copy of current press credentials
    * A letter from editor or bureau chief stating your position on staff
Freelance:
    * recent tearsheets with photo credit or other evidence of publication
    * letters from clients stating that they've used your photographic
services
    * copies of membership cards from photo organizations
Commercial Studio:
    * Samples of studio letterhead, brochures, etc.
    * 3 samples of recent work
    * 2 letters from clients stating that they have used your photographic
services
    * copies of membership cards from photo organizations
Miscellaneous:
    * Please send as many of the above listed credentials as
possible.  These applications will be considered on a case by case basis
You will receive notice from Leica regarding your status within 2-4 weeks.

Hope this helps.  Now I have to go take photos!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com