Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS:lower classes don't use leicas? now..SERVICE!
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:52:53 +0100

Ted Grant wrote:

"Leica service and loaner equipment:

In this thread we are dealing with two types of Leica owners/users:  The
working professional and the amateur."
[SNIP]
"For the uninformed, Leica Camera Inc USA has a "Leica Professional
Service".
If you're a pro all one does is complete the Pro application and you're on
the list for "high speed service and loaner equipment."

This service is through the office of  Mr. Ralph Hagenauer, Director of
Marketing. So any of you pro's not on the Leica list for Pro servicing I
suggest you contact him at 800-222-0118 ext. 219 or e-mail:
RJLeicaUSA@aol.com

However, it's my understanding you must be a working professional."
[SNIP]

Which is all absolutely *lovely* for those concerned, but is utterly and
completely irrelevent to my original comment, which
said (and I quote): "In the UK Leica has *NO* loan stock for working pros
with deadlines to meet", which is true, they don't.

I have a letter here from Leica UK saying just this. I'm not sure why you're
attempting to refute this statement by telling me what Leica US will do for
people over there. Leica US won't help people several thousand miles away in
another country.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] WAS:lower classes don't use leicas? now..SERVICE!)