Subject: [Leica] On the subject of service.....
From: "Tom Lianza" <tlianza@sequelimaging.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:31:27 -0400

I read a rather larger number of discourses on the subject of service and I
was surprised that others on this list didn't have my experience so I'll
share it with you.

I buy nearly all my equipment (Leica, Nikon or otherwise) from the small
camera shop near my home (The Camera Shop, Manchester New Hampshire) His
prices are within 10 to 15% of the New York prices and there is no Tax or
shipping charging (No sales Tax in New Hampshire...).
The shop keeps records of every warrantied item I buy.  When I have a
problem, I bring it to them and THEY handle the problem.  I had an
electrical  problem with Nikon Zoom (20-35) (one of the things that
convinced me to go buy a Leica...) and it had to go back twice...The two
spins took less than two weeks. (It took a week to find out that the repair
"didn't stick").  During that period, the shop offered to lend me lenses in
that range if I needed them.  I am not a Nikon Pro or Leica Pro, but I am a
professional (i.e. Volume Purchaser)  as far as my dealer is concerned and
they put the pressure on the sales rep and repair organization.

My point is simply this: Develop a good releationship with your local dealer
(if he deserves it) and many problems get solved very quickly.

Tom Lianza
Technical Director
Sequel Imaging Inc.
25 Nashua Rd.