Subject: RE: [Leica] lower classes don't use leicas?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:41:26 -0400

> > Pros get a 15% rebate on Leica gear plus a faster service.
>
> Fine, but how does Leica determine whether or not someone is a "pro"?

Why don't you just call Leica and ask them.  It may be different in
different countries.  Obviously, you could have figured that out on your
own, but that would not be any fun, now would it?  No one would have been
incensed!

Next stupid question, why does Leica use the particular color white for
lettering?  Realize, no answer will be accepted as acceptable, even if the
truth is that Fritz just picked one that looked good to him, and they've
been using that color ever since.  I will just claim hearsay, unless you can
provide a PBS special with 18 eye witnesses to the actual decision, as well
as a certified video tape of said event.

Is it enamel or lacquer?  What's the acceptable DMax and DMin of the white
paint?  At what point of "letter coverage" is the lense deemed to be
defective?  These inane questions, and more, are soon to be posed for our
ponderance!