Subject: [Leica] Mitch Zeissler's Noctilux PAW
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 05:34:14 -0400

All...

I have been observing the PAWs of others with a lot of interest and have
been waiting for my Noct to come back from Leica.  Now that it is back
[along with a new M6 .85 TTL], and I finally began to get some free time
on my hands, I have posted 3 modest offerings at the following location:

http://members.aol.com/lifeatfone/private/index.htm

Joshua  -  This is one of my nephews, counting fingers with his
grandmother.  I have been designated the family photographer since the
Leicas arrived on the scene almost 3 years ago.  I find I can move
around everyone so quietly that they frequently don't know that I have
taken their picture until I show it them later.  It was during one of
these stalks that I noticed some interesting moments developing.  I
waited and clicked the shutter at eye contact.
M6/Noctilux, f/1.0 @ 250, Portra 400 NC

NDUse  -  For those folks curious about what the Noct can do wide open
during the daylight hours with mid-speed film.  This image was shot with
a B&W neutral density filter close to 12 noon with a bright sun under a
cloudless sky.  I have five filters of differing densities, but have
never used them much with the M3 because I found the handheld metering
to be so hit and miss.  Now with the M6, I plan to use them a lot more.
M6/Noctilux, f/1.0 @ 500, B&W ND 106, Portra 400 NC

Riddy  -  This is one of our Russian Wolfhounds [otherwise known as
Borzoi]; there is no distortion, his nose is really that long!  I shot
it this past Monday while hiking the Appalachian Trail with Cindy and
the dogs.
M6/Noctilux, f/1.0 @ 500, Portra 400 NC

I plan on improving the site as I am able.  Any comments or suggestions
are welcome.

Good light!

/Mitch Zeissler

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Mitch Zeissler's Noctilux PAW)