Subject: Re: [Leica] Mitch Zeissler's Noctilux PAW
From: Nathan Wajsman <belgiangator@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:29:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi Mitch,

Some comments:

Joshua: this is the best of the three. It is certainly
a different pose. It would work better, however, if
the boy's entire eye were visible. I realize that this
easier said than done.

NDUse: I must admit that this picture says nothing to
me. An abstract study of a car or a motorcycle can be
attractive, but then you want as much sharpness as
possible. I do not think photographing at f1 was a
good idea here (except as a technical exercise).

Riddy: beautiful dog, and you did a great job of
focusing on the eye. Here too, however, I think that
the picture would have been better at a smaller
aperture than f1 so you had more of the animal in
focus.

But I do understand the attraction of playing with a
Noctilux and shooting at f1 no matter what...I used to
own one of those beasts myself.

Nathan

 --- "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>