Subject: Re: [Leica] What are some other camera brands non-Leica whichpeople here use ?
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 15:02:53 -0700

Pentax 645 with
75mm f2.8  Pentax
120mm f4   Pentax Macro (frightningly sharp)
180mm f2.8 Zeiss Sonnar "Olympia"

Linhof Technika III
270mm Schneider Tele-Xenar
8 3/4 Wollensak Verito

I just got my M6TTL and really like working with a camera
that can fit in my jacket pocket. The high speed lenses are
great, with the Pentax I usualy have to lug a tripod around.
It's amazing what a difference a small unobtrusive camera
makes. Last week a friend of mine and I went to downtown
LA, to take some snapshots. He had his M6 and a Nikon F5
with a huge zoom on it and I my Pentax and M6. I ended up
keeping the Pentax in my bag, because everytime my friend
pulled out his huge Nikon, every eye on the street was on him.
Not exactly the best thing in that area of town.
But no one payed attention to the Leica.

 I love the higher resolution that the bigger 645 negative
gives me (3x as much) but for travel and street shooting
the Leica is hard to beat.

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999
        Feli di Giorgio * Compositing Supervisor * DIGITAL DOMAIN
       			      feli@d2.com * Ext. 3074