Subject: Re: [Leica] What are some other camera brands non-Leica which people here use ?
From: DBaker9128@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 01:30:19 EDT

Alfie asked:
"I was interested in seeing what non-Leica photographers on this list use..."

Well, I do use a Leica M6 TTL 0.85 with 50 Elmar-M and 90 Elmarit-M lenses
(all chrome) as my quiet environment/contemplative photography/poor man's M6J
kit but other cameras which I also use are:

- - My medium format kit consisting of a Hasselblad 501CM with 80 CB and 160 CB
lenses. I switch off between a waist level finder and a 45 degree prism
depending on my mood and circumstances. I use a Gossen LunaPro digital
handheld meter which I bought special for the Hassy but I find I use it with
just about everything! It's a great little meter!

- - My travel kit is a Contax G1 with the 28 Biogon, 45 Planar and 90 Sonnar.
Yes it is noisy and the AF is balky with the 90 (part of the reason I bought
the 0.85) but the kit is super light and the Zeiss glass is second to none.

- - My family pictures kit and alternative lightweight travel kit is a Nikon
28Ti & 35 Ti.

- - My action kit is a Nikon N70 with either a 85 f 1.8 AF-D Nikkor or an
80-400 Tokina ATX.

- - My nostalgia kit is a Nikon F3/T Champagne and / or a Nikon FTN coupled up
to one of my old manual focus Nikkors.

Doug