Subject: [Leica] Hybrid Leica M/Contax G systems
From: DBaker9128@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:20:57 EDT

I read an article referenced over on the Contax G User Group from the
Washington Post/Van Riper.
See: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/essays/vanRiper/index.htm
A quote I found interesting about the subject of the article, Cameron
Davidson, was: "His preference in Haiti was for rangefinder cameras,
including the 35mm Contax G1 and G2. He shot mostly with 28mm and 21mm lenses
on the Contaxes and with a less wide 35mm Summicron on his Lecia M4." (It is
fun to see a typo in the Washington Post) ;-)
I too, in my own amateur fashion, have concluded such a hybrid Contax G /
Leica M system is optimal in value and performance. I use a G1 with 28/45/90
for traveling and a Leica M6TTL 0.85 with 50/90 for quiet environments/longer
focal lengths/and low light. My next two lens purchases (probably a year or
two off) go to the strengths of the two systems as I intend use them: a 21mm
Biogon for the G1 and a 135mm APO-Telyt-M  for the M6.
Do other Leica M owners on the LUG follow Davidson's practice of mixing
Contax with Leica?

Doug from Tumwater

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com> (Re: [Leica] Hybrid Leica M/Contax G systems)