Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas for sports/action photography?
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:34:10 -0400

Hi everyone of the vat of Leica crazies,

Sorry to stir up the Leica bowl of noodles with heat again but I had to ask
some questions:

I admit that I love to look at all of the gallery pictures which the Leicas
photographers have been able to instill on the boards (I'm going to get my
first Leica camera hopefully this weekend with the AF-C1 p and s camera
:)...)

Of course the subjects tend to be rather similar... human interaction types
or landscape or architecture or wedding...

I was just wondering whether how good are Leica cameras in terms of taking
sports or action shots where a fast focus/high shutter speed is necessary? I
know that the Leica R8 has its fastest shutter speed at 1/8000 although it
is entirely manual focus which makes it very difficult to capture a hockey
game for example... is that the reason that I hardly see any Leica cameras
at the Philly Flyers games? :)

Of course to be honest I can often focus faster manually than through AF but
that's probably due to my slow Nikon 8008s AF mode :)

sincerely,
Alfie

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] Using Leicas for sports/action photography?)