Subject: [Leica] Tonal scales in prints
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 22:59:31 -0400

I've noticed in looking at others postings that the tonal scale displayed
more often than not is of a lighter, more airy quality.  As well, I find the
images quite effective in bringing some thought  on my part.  What's
interesting is that in my own B&W work I purposely put a lot dark tones in.
As if I start with a coal bucket and add a little light and others start
with sunshine and add a little shade and tonality.

What I'm interested in hearing is how others approach the tonality of their
work if their is a conscious effort or whether the scene just works out as
it is.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com