Subject: RE: [Leica] cleaning toilets and owning Leicas
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:11:23 -0500

In San Diego, the Commissary seemed to deal in one brand name to the
exclusion of others, and the brand names seemed to change from time to
time. So, if you wanted a tape recorder, it as Akai. If you wanted a
receiver, it was Sansui. I don't know of anyone buying a Leica there,
but I know they had the Mamiya 500TL and the Yashica D. I know of
someone getting a Petri there too. Most of the cameras were more
"consumer" level than pro level.

Jeffery Smith